SCARE-A-CON Film Festival 2016
(at SCARE-A-CON Turning Stone – 9/30-10/2)
SCARE-A-CON Film Festival Screening Schedule
Screening Room #1:
- 5:15 PM – Plank Face – A man is taken captive by a feral family in the deep woods. They are determined to transform him, body and mind, into one of their own — whether he likes it or not.
- 7:00 PM – The Barn – It’s Halloween 1989 and best friends Sam and Josh are just trying to enjoy their last “Devil’s Night” before graduating high school. Trouble soon arises when the two pals and a group of friends take a detour on their way to a rock concert, finding an old abandoned barn and awakening the evil inside. Now it’s up to Sam and Josh to find a way to protect their friends and defeat the creatures that lurk within The Barn… The film stars Mitchell Musolino, Will Stout, Lexi Dripps, Cortland Woodard, Nikki Darling, Nickolaus Joshua with Linnea Quigley (Night of the Demons and Return of the Living Dead) and Ari Lehman (the first Jason Voorhees from ‘Friday the 13th’). Featuring an original score by Rocky Gray the former member of Grammy award-winning goth/rock group ‘Evanescence’.
- 8:45 PM – The Dark Tapes – A genre-defying mixture of horror, sci-fi, myth, mystery and thrills told as four interlocking tales in one intelligent, original anthology. The movie stars an up and coming ensemble group of actors such as Brittany Underwood (TV star of Hollywood Heights, One Life To Live & Youthful Daze), Cortney Palm (Sushi Girl, Zombeavers) and Emilia Ares Zoryan (Amazon’s Bosch: Season 2). Ghosts, spirits, creatures, demons and more from the paranormal world collide with rational curiosity. Could the supernatural exist in our everyday lives and have a plausible, scientific basis? The Dark Tapes explores this and more with surprising, sometimes shocking results that will leave you questioning what could be real.
- 10:30 PM – The Lunatic’ler – Still reeling from a traumatic childhood experience with an alcoholic mother and her deranged carnie boyfriend, a mild mannered artist finds himself at the mercy of a monstrous alter ego: a sadistic killer clown with a tickling fetish.
Screening Room #2:
- 5:15 PM – Frankenstein Created Bikers – A resurrected outlaw biker finds himself addicted to the substance that brought him back from the grave. In order to get his daily fix, his gang is forced to do the bidding of two sadistic scientists attempting to capture a biological mutation and perform a human head transplant on kidnapped teen
agers. When his disgruntled ex-girlfriend is released from prison, she embarks on an explosive manhunt for her former lover and his strung-out pack of degenerates. With three dysfunctional bounty hunters, a rival motorcycle gang and an army of machine-gun toting strippers, it becomes a race against law-enforcement for bragging rights to the gang leader’s demise.
- 7:30 PM – Peelers – A small town strip club owner must defend her bar, her strippers and her life when violent infected patrons show up on the final closing night.
- 9:15 PM – Divination – (Short) In a desire to learn who her future husband will be, Elsa seeks out the advice of Agatha, an old woman rumored to posses ancient wisdom. Agatha relates the ritual with the mirrors. It sounds harmless, but it hides dark secrets. Unaware of the danger, Elsa attempts to perform the ritual, but who does she see? Her betrothed…or something else?
- 9:30 PM – Aaron’s Blood – Single father Aaron fights to save his 12-year-old hemophiliac son after becoming infected with vampire blood.
Screening Room #1:
- 11:00 AM – Blood of the Triblades – 2000 years after the Vampire Bathor has established the village of Bathory, superstition and religious violence take over as the men and women battle for control. We are deeply inspired by both the sparse, surrealist, weirdo 70s arthouse euro vampire films [e.g., The Shiver of the Vampires (1971), Lips of Blood (1975), and Vampyros Lesbos (1971)] and the theatre-derived British Hammer vampire films [e.g., Twins of Evil (1971), Countess Dracula (1971), Lust For a Vampire (1971), and The Vampire Lovers(1970)]. For this film, we have created a vampire world/lore in which a vampire named Bathor turned an entire village to vampires, stuck around long enough to teach them to survive, and then promised to return in 2000 years after conquering the rest of the continent. The only problem with this plan is that the vampires, although immortal, have only a limited capacity for memory. As time passes, they forget their utopian society and led by the totalitarian zealot Grando, become paranoid, superstitious fundamentalists, splitting their society by race and gender lines, seeking to destroy those who are deemed sinful. Long-forgotten lovers Élisabeth and Fantine find that, with the help of those who were banished, it is their fate to piece together the past and help preserve the little that remains before Bathor’s impending return. The blood is the life!
- 12:30 PM – Socipathia – Introverted and peculiar, Mara spends her days fabricating props for movies. But her reclusive persona conceals an internal wrath. Terrified of being alone, Mara refuses to let her lovers leave, sadistically murdering them and keeping their corpses as living dolls. When she’s hired by Kat, a fledgling producer, the two instantly hit it off. As their relationship grows more intense, Mara begins to lose her already fragile grip on reality. When her dolls begin demanding all of her attention, and Kat threatens to break her heart, Mara spirals into psychosis, leaving her no choice but to kill again.
- 2:30 PM – She Kills – When Sadie’s husband is murdered by a vicious gang called “The Touchers”, she finds she possesses a strange hidden power to aid her in her quest for revenge. A homage to Grindhouse/exploitation pictures of the 1970’s.
- 4:30 PM – Androgynym – Unable to cope with life changes, a sex addicted thug turns himself into a woman.
- 6:30 PM – Night of Something Strange – Teenage friends out for beach week get unexpectedly detoured to a isolated motel where a deadly STD virus now runs rampant, turning those infected into the living dead.
- 8:30 PM – American Guinea Pig: Bloodshock – Japans Darkest Secret is Americas Newest Nightmare!
Screening Room #2:
- 11:00 AM – Zombies vs. Joe Alien – Joe Alien fulfills a dream of coming to Earth to find that it’s overrun by zombies. Finding an ally in young Parker, he attempts to save the world!
- 12:30 PM – Holy Hell – an over-the-top, outrageous, sexually-deviant, blood-drenched story of Father Augustus Bane: a priest pushed too far who begins praying to a revolver and hunting down the gangsters who killed his parishioners. Having been described as “DEATH WISH meets THE TOXIC AVENGER, by way of HOBO WITH A
SHOTGUN” (nerdly.co.uk), HOLY HELL is a modern take on classic Action, Horror and Exploitation film tropes. The goal of this feature length movie is to break through every limit set by film, taste and reasonable societal behavior: all with anarchic glee.
- 2:30 PM – Honeybee – A small town is entranced by the arrival of a gorgeous family, blinded by the real purpose for their arrival which will only lead to a gory end.
- 4:30 PM – Bonejangles – In this straight-to-VHS, B-movie slasher, a rag-tag group of cops tasked with delivering an unstoppable killing machine must survive a hellish pit stop: a cursed town where the dead rise from their graves! Featuring a gratuitous cameo from Phantasm’s REGGIE BANNISTER! Synopsis For the first time in over a decade, the skull-wearing serial killer Mr. Bonejangles is captured in a bloody battle with police. Now good-natured officer Doug Partridge, along with the surviving members of his unit, are tasked with transferring Bonejangles to a maximum-security asylum miles away. To complete the mission, the team must first pass through Argento, Doug’s
hometown and the epicenter of a terrifying curse. Once a year the dead rise from the grave to feast on the living, and tonight happens to be the night. To make matters worse, Bonejangles escapes and sets out to do what he does best – kill. Doug must find the courage within himself to not only fend off Mr. Bonejangles and the undead hordes, but also confront his high
- 6:00 PM – Empire State of the Dead – The living dead descend on New York State as military forces badly crime lords and vicious gangs to restore order.
- 8:00 PM – Pig Pen – Forced to fend for himself on the streets, 13-year-old Zack has just been pushed out of his dysfunctional home by Wayne, his mother’s sadistic boyfriend.
When the two are brought back together by a murder, only one will survive this bloody tale of revenge.
Screening Room #1:
- Death by Broadcasting
- The Marshalls
- Mr. Denton
- Midnight Macabre
- When Susurrus Stirs
- The Rat’s Dilemma
- Guess Who’s Not Coming To Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?
- Dystopia St.
- The Barber’s Cut
- Chateau Sauvignon: terroir
- O Christmas Tree
- Darkness Falls
- Lucky Girl
- Candy Skin
- Crying Wolf
- The Group
- Green Lake
- ANY DAY NOW
- PMS Monster
- The Backpage
Screening Room #2:
- 11:00 AM – Bear with us – Bear with Us is a modern farce about a guy who attempts to propose to his girlfriend in the most romantic way possible, but his meticulous plan starts to fall apart when a ravenous bear stumbles upon their charming cabin in the woods. It’s a total comedy of errors that takes a close look at just how far we’ll go to preserve our relationships.
- 1:00 PM – Dry Blood – Brian Barnes escapes to a remote cabin to sober up one final time. His plans are soon interrupted by the torments of a sadistic Sheriff and ghastly visions of ghosts. While pulling at the threads to this horrific mystery, it may be Brian’s sanity that unravels first.