Friday, June 2
- Noon – 4:30pm – Vendor Setup
- 5:00pm – Convention Hall opens
- 5:30pm – Film screenings & panel discussions begin (schedule TBD)
- 9:00pm – Convention Hall closes
- 10:00pm – VIP Party – Mahogany Room – Sheraton Monarch Place – including open bar and live entertainment and ALL of the SCARE-A-CON celebrity guests (unless otherwise noted)
- 12:00am – Mix & mingle in the bar – Sheraton Monarch Place
Saturday, June 3
- 11:00am – Convention Hall opens
- 11:30am – Film screenings & panel discussions begin (schedule TBD)
- 12:00pm – Professional photo ops begin
- 7:00pm – Convention Hall closes
- 10:00pm – SCARE-A-CON Monster Party – Mahogany Room – Sheraton Monarch Place
Sunday, June 4
- 11:00am – Convention Hall opens
- 11:30am – Film screenings & panel discussions begin (schedule TBD)
- 1:00pm – Children’s costume party & parade (10 & under – must be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult)
- 3:00pm – Convention Hall closes
Panel Discussions & Film Screenings:
(we have just started posting this schedule – it is tentative and there are MANY more items and events to add…)
- 5:00 pm – Convention Hall Opens
- 6:00 pm – Film Screening – SCARE-A-CON Classic Horror Film Block – Room 2 – Black & White Classics – Carnival of Souls followed by House on Haunted Hill (1959) // Room 5 – The Amityville Horror block – watch the 1979 classic followed by the 2005 remake
- 6:00 pm – Podcasting & Broadcasting 101 – (TBD) – some of the most successful podcasters in horror talk about their craft and offer guidance to anyone looking to get started.
- 6:00 pm – Paranormal Roundtable – the Gettysburg Ghost Gals and other members of leading paranormal groups discuss what they look for when investigating and take your questions regarding all things paranormal.
- 7:30 pm – Scream Queens I – Camille Keaton, Linnea Quigley & Genoveva Rossi – a discussion with some of the screaming beauties of horror.
- 7:30 pm – Film Premiere – Family Possessions with Felissa Rose & Mark Patton – After moving into the home of a deceased relative, a family discovers they may have inherited more than just the house.
- 7:30 pm – The ABCs of Acting – Sean Whalen – this veteran actor of film & TV talks about his work in horror, and how to mark your mark in the acting business.
- 10:00 pm – Exclusive Celebrity VIP Party (VIP admission required) – Mahogany Room – Sheraton Monarch Place – this party will feature all of the SCARE-A-CON celebrities, an open bar and live music entertainment…there is no party like this one….
- 11:00 am – Film Screening – Night of the Living Dead with follow-up discussion with Russ Streiner & John Russo – There is panic throughout the nation as the dead suddenly come back to life. The film follows a group of characters who barricade themselves in an old farmhouse in an attempt to remain safe from these flesh eating monsters.
- 11:00 am – Film Screening – SCARE-A-CON Classic Horror Film Block – VAMPIRES – Nosferatu & Dracula – these two films started it all…are they the best of the genre?
- 11:30 am – Film Screening – Donnie Darko re-release screening with James Duval – A troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a man in a large rabbit suit who manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after he narrowly escapes a bizarre accident.
- 12:00 pm – Scream Queens II – Felissa Rose, Caroline Williams & Monique Dupree – a discussion with some of the screaming beauties of horror.
- 12:00 pm – Film Making 101 – Director Harrison Smith (Death House, Camp Dread) & others – talk about getting into the film making business & the art of horror films
- 1:30 pm – Ghost Hunters/Beyond Reality Radio Panel – Jason Hawes, Steve Gonzalves & JV Johnson talk about all things paranormal including their investigations, their passions their syndicated radio show and their 11 season of TV.
- 1:30 pm – Freddy Kruger & The Nightmare on Elm Street Franchise – Mark Patton & Ricky Dean Logan talk about being involved in one of the most successful series of films in horror.
- 1:30 pm – Film Screening – Night of the Creeps with Jason Lively – watch this campy classic from 1986 with an introduction from its star.
- 1:30 pm – Film Screening – Local Film Makers’ Spotlight – Dangerous People directed by Garo Nigoghossian – Dangerous People takes place in the early 1970’s and is about two murders who pick up a girl in a bar and then take her back to their apartment. A moment of brutal violence occurs which leads to a series of mind games to see who lives and who dies. Dangerous People is psychedelic trip that is equal parts crazy, scary, sexy, funny, sick and tragic.
- 2:00 pm – Special Presentation – Star Trek Continues Episode 8 with Michele Specht & Kim Stinger – Star Trek Continues’ is a critically-acclaimed, breathtakingly accurate, multi-award winning, fan produced webseries – brainchild of producer, director, and actor, Vic Mignogna. Their ‘Stage Nine’ (an 18,500-square-foot studio named after the original soundstage at Desilu) houses the largest, most complete standing TOS sets in the world. Cast includes Grant Imahara (Mythbusters) as Sulu, Chris Doohan (son of the original ‘Scotty’ James Doohan) reprising his father’s iconic role, Kim Stinger (Lt. Uhura) and Michele Specht (Dr. McKenna). Join Kim and Michele for a screening/Q&A of their most recent episode 8 “Still Treads the Shadow” – guest starring Rekha Sharma (Battlestar Galactica) – and see why the Wall Street Journal writes: “The flagship of the fan film fleet is easily STAR TREK CONTINUES
- 3:00 pm – Film Screening – Candyman 25th Anniversary Screening – introduced by Tony Todd himself….
- 3:00 pm -The Making of Death House – with Harrison Smith, Felissa Rose, and others from the cast – as a lead up to the Exclusive Private Sneak-Peek Preview of this film – the most anticipated horror film of the last 25 years – the director talks about the making, the casting and the special ties with the late Gunnar Hansen that made this project more special than any he’s worked on before.
- 3:00 pm – Writing for Horror – (TBD) – an author’s perspective on writing & publishing horror
- 3:00 pm – Film Screening – SCARE-A-CON Classic Horror Film Block – Creepshow – two masters of horror (Stephen King & George Romero) combined their talents for this cult favorite
- 3:30 pm – Film Screening – House of 1000 Corpses with Sid Haig & Robert Mukes – Two teenage couples traveling across the backwoods of Texas searching for urban legends of murder end up as prisoners of a bizarre and sadistic backwater family of serial killers.
- 4:30 pm – Film Premiere – John Schneider’s Anderson Bench preceded by Smothered – A fast food clerk’s life spins out of control when he meets a cute but murderous hitchhiker. (Anderson Bench will screen at approximately 6pm)
- 4:30 pm – Acting in Horror with Jason Lively, Sean Whalen & Mark Patton – chat and laugh with three of the industry’s best…
- 4:30 pm – Film Screening – Local Film Makers’ Spotlight – Space Babes from Outer Space with director Brian Williams – Three space women land on Earth in search of sexual energy to fuel their spaceship and get back home. They befriend a lonely farmboy who helps them on their plight, all while evading their mortal enemies, the Scrotes
- 5:00 pm – Stunts in Horror – the importance of the stuntman with Jae Greene – this veteran stuntman (Death House, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) talks about his trade and why it’s so important to good film making
- 6:00 pm – Film Screening – Nightmare on Elm Street II with Mark Patton – the second installment of this legendary horror franchise that stars and will be introduced by SCARE-A-CON guest Mark Patton.
- 6:00 pm – Film Screening – SCARE-A-CON Classic Horror Film block – Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) – one of the best from the sci-fi craze of the 1950s. Although this film has been remade several times, the original black & white version stands the tests of time.
- 6:00 pm – Paranormal Q&A with the Gettysburg Ghost Gals – have a haunting? Want to ghost hunt? Those topics and more will be addressed.
- 6:00 pm – Film Screening – SCARE-A-CON Classic Horror Film Block – tbd
- 8:00 pm – EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE SNEAK-PEEK SCREENING – DEATH HOUSE with Felissa Rose, Harrison Smith & other cast members – this is the most anticipated horror film in over 20 years. Written by the late Gunnar Hansen, it stars a “who’s who” of horror film talent including SCARE-A-CON guests Tony Todd, Sid Haig, Kane Hodder, Sean Whalen, Felissa Rose, Camille Keaton, Genoveva Rossi, & Sheri Fairchild. Also in the cast are Adrienne Barbeau, Michael Berryman, Barbara Crampton, Dee Wallace, Bill Moseley, and so many more! This is an amazing opportunity to be one of the first people to see this amazing film, and hear from many of those who were involved in its making. It will be a “standing room only” SCARE-A-CON event! **VIP Admission holders will be admitted first and receive priority seating. ***No recording devices will be allowed into the screening room including – cameras, video recorders, cellphones (phones will be able to be checked at the door for safe keeping during the screening)
- 10:00 pm – SCARE-A-CON Monster Party with costume contest – Mahogany Room – Sheraton Monarch Place – dance the night away with your fellow monsters, and SCARE-A-CON guests and celebrities at this party (21+ for alcohol, 18+ to attend). Prizes for best costumes, and more.
- 11:00 am – Film Screening – Anderson Bench – 2nd screening – A fast food clerk’s life spins out of control when he meets a cute but murderous hitchhiker.
- 11:00 am – Film Screening – Family Possessions – 2nd screening – with Felissa Rose & Mark Patton – After moving into the home of a deceased relative, a family discovers they may have inherited more than just the house.
- 11:00 am – Film Screening – SCARE-A-CON Classic Horror Film Block – tbd
- 1:00 pm – SCARE-A-CON Children’s (10 & under) Costume Contest – children must be accompanied by an admission holding adult.
- 1:00 pm – Film Screening – Smothered – 2nd screening – Five horror icons ditch an unprofitable autograph signing convention to earn some extra cash haunting an RV park, but find themselves being haunted instead.
- 1:00 pm – Film Screening – Donnie Darko – 2nd screening – A troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a man in a large rabbit suit who manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after he narrowly escapes a bizarre accident.