Friday, 10/18 – 10am – 5pm – Vendor Setup
Friday, 10/18 – 5pm – 10pm – Show Open
Saturday, 10/19 – 11am – 7pm – Show Open
Sunday, 10/20 – 11am – 4pm – Show Open
Schedule of Events
** Schedule subject to change
*** To view schedule in grid format – CLICK HERE
- Friday, 10/18 – 5pm – Show Open
- 5pm – 10pm – Panel Discussions & Film Screenings
- 5pm – 10pm – SCARE-A-CON Film Festival Screenings & Premieres
- 5pm – FILM SCREENING – Local Double Feature – Return to Nuke Em High Vol 1&2 – filmed in Buffalo & Niagra Falls, NY – featuring Catherine Corcoran & local actors including Sheri Fairchild, Frank Nicosia
- 6pm – The Sound of Horror – Soundtracks in horror are an integral part of the genre. They set the mood, help build suspense, and even let us know when the killer is near. This panel focuses on the impact a soundtrack has on a horror movie.
- 6pm – A Look Back at Creepshow – Before it became a show on Shudder, the legendary movie and it’s sequel inspired many of other movies and shows.
- 7pm – How to Be A Successful YouTuber – James A. Janisse & Chelsea Rebecca (Dead Meat & The Kill Count) chat about building their wildly successful YouTube channel & some tricks of the trade
- 7pm – Comedy in Horror – Michael Leavy, Sleazy P. Martini & Jason Lively – Comedy and Horror go hand in hand. Thru out the history of the genre there has been many examples of this. Whether it is all out comedy, tongue-in-cheek, being meta, or anything in between.
- 8pm – Horror in Comics – From the Werewolf and Vampire comics of the 30’s thru The Walking Dead. Horror and comics have gone hand in hand. Join us as we discuss some of our favorites and maybe shed some light on an avenue of horror that you may have. With Joe Orsak.
- 8pm – Successful Podcasting – A panel of podcasters reveal their secrets.
- 8pm – Terrifier Q&A – Writer/Director Damien Leone is joined by “Art the Clown” actor David Howard Thornton, lead actress Jenna Kanell, & other cast members to discuss this hit film & offer a glimpse into its sequel.
- 9pm – Bubba Ho-Tep Panel – Don Coscarelli, Reggie & Gigi Bannister – A discussion about one of the most epic cult classics.
- 9pm – Film Making on a Shoe-String – Indie film makers talk about creating with no resources – Ron Bonk & others
- 9pm – FILM SCREENING – Terrifer
- 10pm – Show Closes
- 10pm – Exclusive Celebrity VIP Party (VIP holders only) – Open bar, live music, & SCARE-A-CON celebrities – all in one room and hanging out!
- Saturday, 10/19 – 11am – Show Open
- 11am – 7pm – Panel Discussions & Film Screenings
- 11am – Sid Haig Remembered – SCARE-A-CON 2019 is dedicated to the memory of this gentle giant, & we take this opportunity to honor & respect his work & his lasting impact on the genre.
- 11:15am – Art the Clown & Terrifier Photo Op – David Howard Thorton in full make-up as Art the Clown with Writer/Director/Make-up Artist Damien Leone. Also Jenna Kanell & other Terrifier cast members are available for the expanded Terrifier Photo Op.
- 12pm – Horror Podcasting 101 – Members of the podcast community offer insight & guidance on how to make your horror podcast stand out above the crowd.
- 12pm – FILM SCREENING – House of 1000 Corpses – in honor of Sid Haig.
- 12pm – Netflix & Chill WITH HORROR! – A look at streaming & the effect on horror films & their viewers – Netflix, Amazon Prime, Shudder & more are all explored
- 1pm – Barbara Crampton Photo Op
- 1pm – Cult Classics – Jason Lively, Jonathan Tiersten & Phil Fondacaro discuss those films that age like a fine wine.
- 2pm – Horror FX & Makeup – Industry insiders talk about the evolution of FX & makeup throughout horror.
- 2pm – Hellraiser Discussion – Doug Bradley chats about the iconic “Pinhead” & the films that made him a household villain.
- 2pm – Live Movie Commentary with Kill Count’s James A. Janisse & Chelsea Rebeeca – A discussion with Kill Count celebrities – James A. Janisse & Chelsea Rebecca. Followed by a film screening of 1995’s Ice Cream Man featuring David Naughton! This will be hilarious!!
- 3pm – Doug Bradley Photo Op
- 3pm – Writing & Directing Horror – Damien Leone & Ron Bonk share the inspiration for their creative process
- 3pm – It’s Sleazy! – Gwar’s Sleazy P. Martini talks horror with Art the Clown Actor David Howard Thornton – this discussion will be fun, funny & funtastic.
- 4pm – Favorite Horror Fan Panel – Fans discuss & sometimes debate their favorite horror franchises. Moderated by fans & discusses by fans.
- 4pm – Film Screening – Hellraiser
- 4pm – Sleazy P. Martini Photo Op
- 5pm – 1981 – The Year that Changed Horror – With the sequels for both Halloween and Friday the 13th kicking off the birth of the Slasher Franchise. Along with the cutting edge effects in An American Werewolf in London and The Howling. Plus, many other ground breaking movies, 1981 was one of the greatest years in horror
- 5pm – Women of Horror – with Felissa Rose, Barbara Crampton & Catherine Corcoran
- 5:45pm – Phantasm Cast Photo Op
- 6pm – Lost in the Atmosphere – It could be a camp, a castle, an old house, or even your dreams. The setting and atmosphere of a horror movie can make or break a film. This panel will be about how atmosphere in a horror movie effects the way you feel about it.
- 6pm – Phantasm 40th Anniversary Reunion Panel – Writer/Director Don Coscarelli, & cast members Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbuy & Kat Lester talk about this classic & its sequels.
- 6pm – Felissa Rose & Jonathan Tiersten Photo op
- 7pm – FILM SCREENING – Phantasm 40th Anniversary Reunion screening
- 9pm – THE pARTy Carn-evil of Horrors – a celebration of ART the Clown & Terrifier featuring SCARY-AOKE – black & white costuming encouraged, and ALL costuming optional but welcome.
- Sunday, 10/20 – 11am – Show Open
- 11am – 4pm – Panel Discussions & Film Screenings
- 12pm – Horror Podcasting 101 – a revist to this topic.
- 12pm – A Career in Film Making – Reggie & Gigi Bannister talk about a life in the “biz”
- 12pm – Sleepaway Camp Panel – Felissa Rose & Jonathan Tiersten talk about this classic & its enduring qualities.
- 1pm – The New Era of Scary – With blockbusters like IT, and award hopefuls like US. We have entered a new era of horror. This panel will discuss the recent success of horror movies and shows, and where the genre is going. With Philip Friedman.
- 1pm – FILM SCREENING – Sleepaway Camp
- 1pm – Children’s Ultimate Costume Contest with parade (children under 12, & must be accompanied by an adult with SCARE-A-CON admission)
- 1pm – SCARE-A-CON Film Festival Awards Ceremony
- **all panels subject to change & modification